Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ripley Has a Walmart!!! I am so pumped! 2/25/2015


This week has been super eventful! It literally rained ice! Where in the world does it rain ice? West Virginia of course!!! The ground was this thick sheet of ice and it was impossible to walk anywhere without almost killing yourself. The sick kitty is much better! This cat is only alive because of Gods loving grace. I didn't do much for it!! Haha. 
Snow and ice!
More snow!
Thank you for the birthday wishes. My birthday was filled with cheese cake, laughter, progressing investigators, and a super great companion. I am so blessed to have a family that loves me and wants me to progress and succeed! Thank you so much.
Happy birthday banana bread.  (Hmmm)

Happy birthday cakes with Diana and Sandy.
I got a hair cut last week. The women totally chopped off all of my hair! I was not impressed! AT ALL! Haha. Good thing it will grow back. 
West Virginia sweatshirts and a hair cut.
 So I have some great news! Sister Erickson and I are both getting transferred tomorrow. She is going to Blacksburg Virginia and I am headed to Ripley West Virginia. The missionaries in Flatwoods will be Elders now. When they changed the mission age to 19 for sisters there were a lot of sister missionaries.  Now they are all going home and there are not as many sisters so we are turning Flatwoods over to the Elders.  My new companion will be Sister Lopp! She is so sweet! I have met her a couple of times during zone meetings and exchanges.  She is fantastic! I cant wait to serve with her. I will however miss Sister Erickson with all of my heart. She is an amazing missionary and she is going to change the world. I love her so much.
Sister Erickson and I have really focused on bearing our testimonies this week. A lot of our investigators and members are really sad to see us go. I don't blame them at all. I was the same way when I learned the Sister Missionaries were being transferred from our stake back home. It has been amazing to see the way the branch has become unified and the determination our investigators have to keep progressing. I will miss them so much. 
But I know that there are good people everywhere and I cant wait to meet the members in Ripley. Its going to be a great adventure!
I love you!

Sister Sorensen
Beautiful West Virginia!

Just Do It!

Fred and the Sutton Food Bank Crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment