Thursday, July 9, 2015

07/01/15 I Ate Squirrel!!

Wow. This past transfer flew by. Sister Kirkby is a wonderful missionary and she will be an amazing trainer. As we focused on becoming full purpose missionaries we were able to consistently reach our goal of 20 or more lessons a week. Training has brought so many blessings to the Ripley area.
As I have come to understand my purpose as a trainer, it has helped me become a more effective/responsible missionary and help our investigators come unto Christ. In the Instruction for Trainer packet it states, “Your purpose as a trainer is to help your Companion understand and live the principles described in Preach My Gospel.” The blessings that come from understanding your purpose as a trainer are endless. I have learned so much from Sister Kirkby and from my Heavenly Father!
This week was crazy! So many things happened!
- I ate squirrel! It was disgusting. I also ate a fried Oreo! It was the best waste of calories ever!  
- A tornado hit our little town. I may or may not have freaked out a little bit! Haha. It didn't do a lot of damage but it did uproot a lot of trees.
- Sister Kirkby and I attended a viewing with a women from our Branch. We had no idea who had died and we were in our T-shirts. It was embarrassing.
- I got to see a llama! I was pretty excited! It wasn't an alpaca but it will do!
- I am getting transferred to Taeys Valley West Virginia! My new companion will be Sister Packard!
I am going to miss Ripley so much! But I cant wait for the new adventure! Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Sorensen





No comments:

Post a Comment